Sunday, June 3, 2012

Update and random ramblings


I know I have not been around for the past few months. It is easy to say life has been busy, and that is part of it. The other part is that I rather crawled inside myself and was dealing with some personal stuff I ignored for a very long time. Don’t panic, it has nothing to do with my marriage to M, we are fine. Though I will admit during my checked out period I tend to push everyone away and I am sure I tried to with M as well. However, as always he sees through me, and gives me the space to sort out my demons, but always lets me know the pushing away isn’t working and he is not going anywhere.

 To make a long story short, for most of my life the pushing people away always worked in the past, so I was used to people walking away. M doesn’t give in that easy. I swear that man has so much more patience than I do. With that said I want to apologize to everyone for just kind of disappearing. Despite my work schedule being hectic and life being busy I am going to make a conscience effort to post more often, now that I am coming out of my funk. Only because some people read into things, again I must say that our marriage is fine!

As we have explained in the past, we are polygamists but far from the traditional polygamist family. C and I have little to no interaction and M has two homes, two families etc. I will admit and I know the two homes is a good thing, I am territorial in regard to my home. I believe most women want a home that is their own, to make their own etc.  

M thinks I am insane, but I have considered the possibility of exploring the idea of a third wife. There is no one picked out or considered etc, it is just something I have mulling around in my mind. The truth is I want a relationship with a sister wife, that close family connection. That is not something C wants. In saying that please do not think I am going out to seek a third wife for M. In fact, in our lifestyle I do not think you can “seek” out a wife, it is something that happens, usually when a family is not looking for it.

Not to mention there are other things to consider. All three of us are in agreement that we do not want to have children. Widget it enough (I will have to write a Widget update at a later date). Thus, if another woman were to enter the family, I think it is important to know if she wants children etc. Already having children is one thing, and I believe we would ideally want children to be older. After all M and I are grandparents, somehow starting over is not something we really want to explore. Not to mention due to C being unable to have children, and the fact that she had wanted them, I think it would be cruel to her to have another wife have M’s child, even if unplanned.

Then there is the timing issue. M says repeatedly, two is enough. And to be honest at times I think he does feel pulled in two directions, and seldom actually makes time for just himself. He has two homes, two wives, to sets of bills, etc. Do I really want to impose a third home, a third set of bills, and a third demand on his time. 

I realize it sounds like I am stating all the reasons why it’s a bad idea, but at the same time I see the positive. It is a connection between all members of the family. Another person to share life with, the good the bad and the ugly.

Each polygamist family is unique and has its own dynamics. So even if there are friends who are polygamists, they do not necessarily always understand because it is not a part of their dynamic. Thus, having another person who is family would be great. I assume even non polygamists families each have their own dynamics, and sometimes friends may not really understand something.

Again it is just something that is mulling around in my mind. So please don’t get the idea that one day a blog post will appear announcing a third wife.  It is not something we are actively seeking out. As there are other issues we are handling at the moment. For example, Widget and summer school and the negative pull her biological family is having on her, one of my kitties due to have kittens at any moment. My job has gone from busy to insane with a lot of different changes. I am considering a new car, but not really sold on what kind I want, how much I can afford to spend, etc.

 And C and M’s dog having been diagnosed with cancer and now receiving chemo, and the heartbreak of one of our pets being ill. My heart goes out to C, and I wish I could do more as I do understand that to us our pets are family and we will do whatever is needed to take care of them. As such, M is spending a little extra time with C and with their pet, as they explore every possible treatment.  

So, there is the update on our family, and again I will be make a better effort of keeping in touch better and more often. At least once a week if not more often, and I will kick M in the butt so he makes an appearance as well *laughs*.

2 comments:

  1. First of course I care about the pets, and please tell M I am thinking and praying for him and C and pet. I hope they make the decisions that are right for them and the dog and that the dog "tells" them what is proper to do. They can, you know.
    Re: M calling you crazy. Well, right on, M!

    I posted at Older and Weiser about a week ago. Read that post.

    To further it, first overnight in rehab he couldn't breathe and back to hospital. A week or so there, back to rehab yesterday. I haul shit around from place to place. Car is piled with his stuff, do the laundry out of the car, don't bother taking it inside anymore.

    Health care teams want somebody here 24/7 or a rest home or whatever for him. Or course I'd have to pay. Can't. And have to see if lawyer can do something about getting medcal without them taking his whole retirement check since I can't do without it. Will be more documenting that I don't have the ability to do anymore. No tax filed yet for 2010 or 11 and a 429 with small amount that is way past when he should have taken it, but how could he, he doesn't know crap half the time.

    That hurts the worst. The him being out it a lot. Sometimes not. When he was home for a whole week I crawled up in bed with him and watched tv (a new one I bought and had put on the wall for him) and we talked and got snarky at the shows and commercials and laughed like old times. I don't ask for much but a clear mind is important.

    I have no time for anything. And no planning even 1 day in advance. Plus last few days feet are hurting bad, burning even. Looked at webmd and it could be, probably is, vascular problem of some kind. Yuck. Really hard to find parking spot and hike to wherever the hell he is to visit. So tired. Can't bear shoes on. Don't want to be on feet with shoes more than 5 minutes.

    Dogs are good. Patch to vet last week finally for back xrays, blood test. Some disc problems, not horrible, heart & lungs good, and he's never seen such clean teeth on a 13 yr old dog (result of free feeding milkbones) but blood test elevated liver enzymes. Will discuss tomorrow or whenever I can be called back. Another thing, can't even call folks or be called back because of constant running around. Can't do business I have to do on cell phone on the run. Need papers and pens and all that for the talks. Anyway, I think I can get liver working again, hopeful anyway. And got Patch and Mike both baths, and Patch a haircut, that takes the beautiful border collie fluff away but she feels sooo good now. You know how they get, all squiggly.

    Anyway, laters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this was a lot to read and digest. Good to have you back NTPW...
    M is correct, I think you're crazy to want another wife too...but that is just my humble opinion. I guess I didn't have the best of situations or experiences with my sister wives..especially one of them. But I think even in the best of circumstances, adding another adult is a challenge that takes an inordinate amount of energy and patience. Some people say 3 is the right number, I'm just not sure.

    Please don't forget to update on Widget when you get the chance!

    BC - my heart goes out to you...I still wish you had a blog!

    ReplyDelete